Well into retirement now I'm using VFP9 to complete an App I began in about 1997, mainly for private use and to keep the old brain alive for as long as possible. Even then, I see so many changes, improvements and greater possibilities that have crept in over 10-12 years I've been away from serious programming. I shudder with excitement sometimes, wishing all this was happening when I was a younger man. :-)

cheers
GT

On 14/11/12 04:03, Dave Crozier wrote:
Gary,
I used the term "Metro" as most people regard it as the new Windows 8 look and
feel even though M$ dropped the term after the first Windows 8 Beta.
It came from the Metro Design Language and was phased out in August 2012.

M$ like to use the term  "Modern UI-style apps" but Metro is precise and
everyone knows what it means.

It's a little like Prince ... the product previously known as Metro!! <grin>

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of GaryT
Sent: 13 November 2012 16:22
To: ProFox Email List
Subject: Re: VFP Metro Interface

Reminds me of many years ago, well, not THAT many really, we used to point to a certain
development tool and say "I could write that using VFP".  Trouble is, the old
memory is getting so bad these days I can't remember what program it was. :-)  Might have
been a Borland product.
So many have come and gone... and VFP just got better and better.

Dave, how can I see a real live "Metro desktop"?  Is it by chance the new
Windows 8?
GT