On 1/9/2013 1:07 PM, Ken Kixmoeller (ProFox) wrote:
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Ted Roche <tedro...@gmail.com> wrote:

...Works for me. Not always completely
transparent or acceptable to civilians just yet (crashed 22 minutes into
the whodunnit last night. Needed three retries to start up again), but the
price was right.

OK, I have wanted to "talk" about this for a while. Thanks for the opening,
Ted.

My dearest, darling wife (SWMBO) is utterly intolerant of tech stuff that
isn't flawless. If one of our WAPs is flakey she gets entirely undone. If
the wireless printer needs a little TLC to work, she is ready to buy
another one (now!). If her (android) phone doesn't perform flawlessly
(never mind the guidance to restart it every once in a while), she wants to
fling it into the trash.

Regardless of her extreme reactions (she isn't the most patient person), is
it now reasonable to expect tech stuff to behave like an appliance? Plug in
the refrigerator and it works (for 10 years until it needs physical
repair). Is this a female thing -- guys are more willing to tease out
features? Our girls (teenagers) are more patient, but still show little
inclination to fool around to make stuff work. Is is a personality type,
regardless of gender? Is is a geek thing that we *are* willing to tolerate
stuff that we need to puzzle out to get it to work right?

Interested in sharing your experiences, opinions, or out-and-out WAGs?

Hi Ken,

First, you remind me of how happy I am single instead of married to my ex. lol

Second, I find most women are very like that. Hate to stereotype, but my experiences are very similar.

Finally, as time goes on, yes, it should become more reliable and easier to use as a general statement for existing things, imo.

--
Mike Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC