In the market for a new pc (desktop, not laptop) to edit my home videos.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular brand/specs to fill this
bill.  I had a custom built years ago, but wondered if there was something
more off the shelf that could handle this job.

The video card is important too, Nvidia has about 100 different offerings,
and it's hard to figure out the best one in the GeForce line.

And, I've used a number of different software packages over the years (Adobe
Premier/Nero/Pinnacle, etc.,etc), have never been happy with any of them,
and have reverted back to Window Live Movie Maker.  Is there a newer updated
software package priced reasonably (between,price,100,200)?

I guess I'm asking a lot, but it would give me some comfort to hear what
hardware/software others have experience with when creating & editing video.

TIA

Jim

James E Harvey
M.I.S.