On 5/2/2013 12:40 PM, Ken Dibble wrote:
In general, European economies are far more regulated than the US and
yet they have comparable standards of living and economic health. There
is absolutely no question that we can regulate industry to a much
greater extent to ensure quality, safety, and environmental protection
(see throw-away electronic devices) than we do in this country without
significant negative impact on the economy. It's just that right-wing
corporate types control the government and won't permit it to happen.

I thought the European markets were in shambles compared to the US?