+ 1 for idea #3...

Mike C

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Dot Matrix Printing from VFP
From: Joe Yoder <j...@wheypower.com>
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Date: 6/4/2013 3:03 PM
Jeff,
Sounds like VFP or Windows is sending an initialization sequence to the
printer that overwrites what you set manually.  I suspect that the
problem is in the OS or VFP and not in the printer.  Do you know if the
version of the OS makes a difference?

Here are some ideas from my past:
   1. Put the dot matrix printer into a hex dump mode and see what codes
it is getting
   2. Send the print job to a file and analyze the initialization codes
that are embedded
   3. Try using a generic printer driver where you can control the
initialization and deinitialization strings.

HTH - Joe