On 06/19/2013 12:23 PM, M Jarvis wrote:
We are getting more and more requests from users (doctors etc) that
want to access our system remotely using wiz bang stuff like Apple
iPads and such...

We have zero Apple product capability here so are pretty unfamiliar
with it so are looking at going out and buying one just to test with.

Question: is there a good way to emulate iOS within a pc platform i.e. laptop?

iOS only runs on the ARM CPU, so visualizing iSO on any other computer will not work. Below is a link to some ARM iOS emulators. AMD plans to release an ARM-based server CPU in the second half of 2014, (eg second link below).

http://www.thefreecountry.com/emulators/arm.shtml

http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/1091122

Regards,

LelandJ

Just being a casual listener to all-thing-Apple my understanding is
that iOS can do Windows, but nobody can do iOS except iOS...

--
Matt Jarvis
Eugene, Oregon USA