On 20 September 2013 16:15, kamcgin...@gmail.com <kamcgin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have several clients running my vfp9 sp2 application on Win2003 (2008,
> 2012, etc) server with workstations connected with RDP. This is great
> because the performance is much better than a regular network connection.

There are various alternatives to MicroSoft RDP.  Citrix and 2X come to mind.
I have no idea how they work internally vs MS RDP or prices.

Citrix always seems to cause problems.  For example we have a site
that when we upgrade our app the app always complains that the
database is newer than the app.  It seems Citrix does aggressive
caching of exe's and dll's.  A reboot (!) of the citrix server picks
up the newly installed exes/dlls.

Additionally Citrix is causing us problems with one of our credit card
processing systems.  The software installs locally where the card
reader is located, but the users never see the the popups because
citrix is running 'full screen'..

BTW, we are using 2X for our 'cloud' solution.  But we use application
virtualisation (i.e. not full screen).

--
Paul