At 12:25 2013-10-08, Dan Covill <dcov...@san.rr.com> wrote:
On 10/08/13 11:54 AM, Gene Wirchenko wrote:
      I would like to see the number of uses of each WFC even if it is
zero.  How do I do this last bit?  I have a query, but it does not
report any of the unused WFCs.

The simplest way I can think of to do that is to have a separate 1-field table of valid WFC's. Do your count(WFC) query, then match it to the ValidWFC table and report the zeroes as well as your counts. Assuming WFC's get validated, you may be able to piggy-back on whatever the validation mechanism is using.

     I tried the valid WFC cursor approach.  It did not work.

What did end up working was creating a aggregate cursor of catx then selecting out only what I wanted. I probably lost a good optimisation possibility, but I got my answers.

     SQL is not very well designed.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko