On 11/6/13 12:38 PM, John Weller wrote:
> 1.    If I wrote a small Python program, perhaps to split large files into
> manageable chunks, would it be stand-alone or would I need to include
> libraries (similar to the VFP libraries)?

The Python interpreter would need to be present in some way. Common ways:

1) install Python (it's free), remembering to put it on the path

2) package your program using PyInstaller (misnomer) or the older py2exe. This
wraps
everything into an executable which you can then run from the command line like
other
executables. No need to install anything.

> 2.    Would I be able to run this program from within VFP using the RUN
> command?

Yes. Or you could run the python program and invoke VFP from it, using com
automation.

Paul