I use TeamViewer - works well.

-----Original Message-----
From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Jeff
Johnson
Sent: Friday, 8 November 2013 10:41 AM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: [NF] Remote Desktop & Windows 7

I am in bad need of some help.  I have numerous clients using remote desktop
in all kinds of configurations.  I have one combination that is not working
at two different locations.  I have Googled it and tried everything
suggested but still no luck.

It is a Windows 7 computer trying to remote into a Windows 7 computer.

We get "Because of a protocol error this session will be disconnected.
Please try connecting to remote computer again.

There are numerous suggestions and I have tried them all.  I can't believe
something that works so well on other versions of the OS are so difficult
here.

Also, when I set a fixed IP address and name servers, Windows 7 keeps
changing it back to DHCP.  Can you turn off DHCP for one computer?

Please help.  I have spent several days trying to get this one working.

TIA

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson