Jeff

---------------

Jeff Johnson
j...@san-dc.com
(623) 582-0323

www.san-dc.com
www.arelationshipmanager.com

On 11/08/2013 04:45 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Jeff Johnson <j...@san-dc.com> wrote:

Ted:  I only tried about 250 suggestions and worked on it for about four
days.  ;^)

My sympathies. I've been there.

Windows 8 seems to access Windows 7 just fine.

Yep, the problem I had was the other way around: my Windows 7 workstation
couldn't access the Windows Server 2008 because of protocol issues. I
needed to install an updated RDP client. I think this is a link to do that:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2592687

This may not be your situation, since you're connecting Win7 to Win7.
Unless the remote client has updated their system. I'd suspect firewalls
(possibly including those built into routers) that might be blocking the
RDP protocol. You need to explicitly open the port (is it 3389?) on the
firewall and forward it to the target machine, in some routers, especially
if you're using NAT.

Ted: I will check out that link. I really couldn't find clear information on the versions but I think that and possibly the home group (letting Windows manage your network for you just because). I always open the port and forward it.

Thanks!