From: ProFox [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Sytze de Boer
Sent: Saturday, 8 February 2014 9:17 AM
To: profox
Subject: Re: Microsoft Security Essentials

Geoff, I'm sorry but I disagree with you, for a simple reason.
I am not at all convinced the *free* software is inferior to the *paid*
software.

In my business I used to detest the free software because I made nothing
when selling/installing it (apart from maybe my time) But when I added up my
time for all the problems with the *not free* Kaspersky or Norton, I changed
my mind.

I also think it is erroneous to compare AV software simply on the basis of
"how many virusses did it catch".

They should add criteria such as How much did it slow down your pc and How
often did it destroy/damage your dbf files or cdx files, and especially this
one, How often did it case file/record locking on the network.

Yes, my MS Essentials may let in an extra virus. (Not that it ever has) But
if it did, the time to kill/remove that virus far outweighs the
disadvantages of some of the others.