On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Ricardo Aráoz <ricar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> El 06/03/14 16:48, Eurico Chagas Filho escribió:
>
>> Any toughs ?
>>
>> "The database market is in need of a big change. The technology that
>> people typically use, the database layer, was designed in 1970 with a very
>> different set of requirements in mind,"  Schireson said.
>>

> Different set of requirements... such as?
> -------------------

Mongo is more for collections of data than how you would normalize data in
a relational db.

   1. A document-based data model. The basic unit of storage is analogous
   to JSON, Python dictionaries, Ruby hashes, etc. This is a rich data
   structure capable of holding arrays and other documents. This means you can
   often represent in a single entity a construct that would require several
   tables to properly represent in a relational db. This is especially useful
   if your data is immutable.
   2. Deep query-ability. MongoDB supports dynamic queries on documents
   using a document-based query language that's nearly as powerful as SQL.
   3. No schema migrations. Since MongoDB is schema-free, your code defines
   your schema.
   4. A clear path to horizontal scalability.

You'll need to read more about it and play with it to get a better idea.
Here's an online demo:

http://try.mongodb.org/

I deal in documents with our ERP system as well as EDI.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Analyst

901.246-0159 cell