On 3/7/14, 1:44 PM, Ed Leafe wrote:
>Bingo! That's the number 1 best reason in my opinion. Too many litigious
idiots out there to risk it.
Well... it depends.

They can still sue you personally, and you have to show that you have fulfilled
every requirement for being a corporation. Didn't have an annual meeting and
file the minutes publicly? Forgot to draw up bylaws? Didn't abide by those
bylaws if you did?

Any sleazy lawyer will force you to document every single step before a judge
will dismiss the case. If you don't satisfy every requirement, your corporation
may be deemed to be a phony shell, and all those protections about personal
liability disappear.

See, it's this type of reality that makes me go "wait a sec, living under the radar is pretty simple, really. Why not just wait and see if there's an actual problem to be solved by incorporating, and do it then..."

I'm a procrastinator at heart.
;)

Paul