On 2014-05-28 15:50, sandc_jeff wrote:
What has happened now is that my local log in of Jeff is gone and the
profile Jeff.JOHNSON-PC is not accessible.  Is there any way to
re-attach my user login to that profile.  If not, everything needs to
be re-built on another profile.  I can't believe this happened.

Call Microsoft Support. I'm sure they'll be helpful. You're still under warranty, right? <gd&r>

On a serious note, I'm wondering how many other people got bit by this. Sounds like something they pushed in Windows Update went awry?