I'm not using Foxpro DBFs; I'm using MariaDB (MySQL) on the backend, so I guess no worries with that! ???

On 2014-06-11 13:29, Paul Hill wrote:
English Windows uses the Western European codepage.  So does French,
Italian, Spanish, German, Swedish and others.

The only time you will see a problem is if you mix the windows codepage and the dbf codepage. If they are the same it should be OK. If not Fox will
convert on the fly. If a letter does not exist you will get the closest
match or a ?

I'm talking about single byte character sets. Chinese and Arabic could be
tricky :-)

Collation is another beast. For example Swedish and Norwegian are similar
languages but sort differently.

Paul