I created an executable that opens the table and makes a copy of it. I sent instructions to the IT guy and he followed them to a T. I have my files.

While many said it was okay, I took - and probably will continue to take - the stand that it is not a good practice to simply copy a table while others are using it.

Like I said, I thought it was a silly question but turned out to be a good discussion.

Thanks all & enjoy.. whoops!

Have a great weekend!