Michael:  I was going to say that but I didn't have the guts.  ;^)

On 7/16/2014 2:41 PM, mbsoftwaresoluti...@mbsoftwaresolutions.com wrote:
I'm gonna make a wager and say "NO", and I know that's a large risky wager seeing how it's Ted's comment (and we all know he's an ace!).

Why not the compound index as you (Jeff) described? I would have said the same thing.

--Mike

On 2014-07-16 17:23, Jeff Johnson wrote:
Ted:  So these indexes are created so that when you run that select
statement it will put them in order?

Interesting.

On 7/16/2014 1:56 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
Sytze:

I've been surprised to find everyone works with a "large amount of data"
but for some of us, that's thirty thousand records and for others it is
thirty million.

INDEX ON pcode TAG pcode
INDEX ON pcode2 TAG pcode2
INDEX ON pcode3 TAG pcode3