On 07/17/2014 05:21 PM, Alan Bourke wrote:

> Respectfully have to disagree regarding disabling SMB2/3. That was
> necessary for a period on server 2008 where there was a bug that
> corrupted indexes. It is not necessary or advisable any more. What you
> probably need on Server 2008 and any Win7 workstations is apply the
> Enterprise Hotfix Rollup. This has a number of fixes to SMB and won't
> have been installed by Windows Update.

That's interesting. I just walked a client through this earlier this
week. They have a brand-new-shiny Win7Pro machine that wasn't able to
locate our older SMB server (which is still in 'old' mode for the older
machines in the office) and had to disable SMB2 for him to be able to
find and map shares to the older server.

Would the Enterprise Hotfix Rollup fix this?

--
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC    http://www.tedroche.com/