Kevin Cully wrote:
> I'd go with Plan B.  I've never liked surprises, and I can debug easier
> if I have the SPT all put together for me before I try to execute it.  I
> usually do a TEXTMERGE to get the values into the SPT.

I've used TEXT/ENDTEXT in the past, but that was on SPT built right
there in the data object PRG.  In this scenario, I've tried something a
bit different, having the SPT come in at runtime from a local DBF.  That
way, I can update the "view definitions" (but they're not actually VFP
views, of course--just SELECT statements) without having to recompile
the app.

Using the TEXTMERGE function worked beautifully....thanks, Kevin!

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC