For the last several years I have used ShadowProtect, which is an
industrial-strength backup system for businesses.  If you have MS Server it
costs about $900, something called 'Small Business Server' is about $500, and
'Desktop' (which is the one I used) costs $99.  Works flawlessly, scheduled
full and incremental images, and sends you an email with the results.  And it
doesn't care whether you're using the machine at the time or not.
There are several others free for personal use, but for a business the
difference between spending $30-50 and $100 is pointless, it's reliability that
matters.
Dan Covill

> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:19:14 +0100
> From: pcush...@whisperingsmith.com
> To: profoxt...@leafe.com
> Subject: Re: Table Repair
>
> Richard Kaye wrote:
> > Storage is cheap but you have to have a backup solution that knows how to
> > handle open files and doesn't lock files itself when it does its magic. A
> > subtlety that often escapes the folks too cheap to backup in the first
> > place...
> >

> That's the luxury model.  The basic model is just get everyone out (or
> after hours) and copy it.  That's the backup I think there's no excuse
> for not having.
>
> Peter

multipart/alternative
  text/html