Hi Charles,

I recommend using CCleaner routinely ONLY to delete temporary files, the
Cleaner part.

Use the other powerful options only if you know what are you doing.

Anyway it is important to set it up correctly.

These are my recommended settings:

Options Advanced
http://tinypic.com/r/2vmg22x/8

Options Monitoring
http://tinypic.com/r/257lr7o/8

Cleaner Windows
http://tinypic.com/r/2r3xkkl/8

Cleaner Applications
http://tinypic.com/r/10r0i68/8

Some of these screenshots are made with some cut and paste as you can see.

I'm still using CCleaner version 4.19.4867
the latest before the new look version 5.

You can still download it here or on filehippo.com or on similar sites:
http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup419.exe

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro.

HTH,
Gianni

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 19:44:12 -0500, "Charles Hart Enzer, M.D."