Look for a setting in the router's setup to designate it as a "gateway" and not a router.

Mike Copeland

James Harvey wrote:
Hello,

I'm switching from Verizon DSL to Comcast cable, and am having problems.

The Linksys RVS4000 router has worked fine with eh Verizon dsl modem for a
few years.

The Motorola Surfboard cable modem I bought from Best Buy is connected to
the internet and works, but only when using a switch and then only one
computer can connect.

When I add the router into the mix it hands out an IP address, but will not
allow web pages to load.

I tried the MAC clone setting, cloning the MAC address of my laptop, save
the changes, shut everything down, restarted, but no success.

I used Comcast support and they said to do what I've already done, cloning
the MAC address of one computer while connected to the router, but that
doesn't seem to be working.

The Linksys router is a "Security Router", and I was wondering if there is
another setting to try?

TIA

James E Harvey
Spring Grove, PA