From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Tracy
Pearson
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:58 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: SMB3, Op-Lock, and Free Tables

The way the program is written:
  Tables are opened in the FORM DataEnvironment, Edit is done, then Saved.
The initial change to the save can be several minutes as the user is talking to
a customer.

There are between 100 and 150 user, with these tables open most of the day.

The new environment:
SAN hosts VMs
Dedicated VM for data files, Server 2012.
Citrix running on Server 2008 R2.

Old environment:
Physical boxes
Dedicated Server 2003 (SMB 2 is disabled) Citrix running on 2003 servers

Migration began after testing the VM data server with the 2003 servers.
Index corruption was reported within hours of some users being on the 2008
R2 servers.

Write Cache appears to be off in the Server 2012.

Is the Opportunistic Locking the probable culprit of the corruption noted here?

Thank you,
Tracy