Do they have the Enterprise Hotfix Rollup installed? That doesn't get
pushed out through Windows Update.

"We recommend that you apply this hotfix rollup as part of your regular
maintenance routine and build processes for Windows 7 and Windows Server
2008 R2 computers."

"This hotfix rollup includes the following improvements:
Improves the Windows Client Remote File System components. These
components include the following:
Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)
DFSN client
Folder Redirection
Offline Files and Folders (CSC)
SMB client
Redirected Drive Buffering Subsystem (RDB)
Multiple UNC Provider (MUP)
Improves the SMB Service and TCP protocol components. These improvements
work together with other improvements to help improve the overall
networking performance on Windows 7 SP1-based and Windows Server 2008 R2
SP1-based computers."

"To take full advantage of this improvement for Windows 7 clients that
log on to Windows Server 2008 R2 servers, install this rollup update on
Windows 7 clients. Additionally, install this rollup update on the
Windows Server 2008 R2 servers that clients authenticate and retrieve
user profiles, policies and script data from during the startup and
logon process. You can update your environment by installing this hotfix
rollup on both clients and servers in no particular order.
Network improvements can be installed on the client or server. You may
not notice any changes in performance until this update is installed on
both client and server computers."

--
  Alan Bourke
  alanpbourke (at) fastmail (dot) fm