Just to be clear, are you saying Win10 won't connect to a Samba 3 server?
Or is Win10-connectivity only a problem when a Samba 3 server is providing AD services?

I've got MANY Linux boxes providing simple share of data files... If Win10 won't talk to them, that's huge for me.

Thanks for any clarification.

I'm saying Win 10 can't join a SAMBA 3 domain. SAMBA 3 emulates some aspects of an NT-style (NOT AD) domain.

I imagine simple file serving between Win 10 and SAMBA 3 works, though I haven't tested it.

Win 7 and 8, with a couple of registry settings, work seamlessly with SAMBA 3 NT domain emulation. That's what's going away in Win 10.

Ken Dibble
www.stic-cil.org