Have you looked at just replacing the battery first?

Peter Cushing
IT Department

WHISPERING SMITH

On 18/08/2015 20:42, Kurt Wendt wrote:
So - as stated in the Subject - its completely Dying on me. Up till recently -
after charging it - if I tried to use it based upon Battery - it would only
last like 13 min. before it would Die. Thus - when I use it (like on my train
rides home) - I must ALWAYS have it plugged in.

Well - last night - it got worse. You see, the power on the train - it
fluctuates - to the point where it goes off momentarily. Its so quick most
people don't notice it. But, for me - its Noticeable - since the laptop dies
completely during those fluctuations. And, these days I am REALLY Busy w/my
Prototype design work. Including a Design that I am filing for a patent ASAP -
then launch it in a KickStarter campaign. So - I REALLY need a Viable laptop so
I can work on the train!

What would you folks recommend as a CHEAP Replacement? I don't have a lot of
Cash - as things are still tight for me financially - thus I would prefer to
only spend between $200 - $300!

I was just looking on Amazon - and I found this ASUS laptop:

http://www.amazon.com/15-6-Inch-Dual-Core-Laptop-Windows-Upgrade/dp/B00SV72ZA2/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I saw other laptops on Amazon - but, in my price range - they tended to be
Celerons - which I kinda hate.

I was also considering a Tablet - like the ASUS Transformer. But, not sure a
Tablet would do what I need. Especially since I need to run hi-end 3D SW like
3DS Max - which is a Really Big SW App - which takes a lot of Disk Space for
even the basic SW install. So - not sure a Tablet would be Viable - also, I
only run Max w/a Mouse - as I hate Touch pads!

And - yeah - I know my price range is VERY Low - and as they say - you get what
you pay for...

Regards,
Kurt Wendt
Consultant

GLOBETAX
90 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004-2205, U.S.A.
Tel. +1-212-747-9100
Fax. +1-212-747-0029
Email:  kurt_we...@globetax.com<mailto:%20kurt_we...@globetax.com>
Web: www.GlobeTax.com<http://www.globetax.com/>

GlobeTax does not provide or offer, and this is not, tax, investment or legal
advice. This email and any attachments hereto is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient  of this  e-mail, please immediately notify the sender at
+1-212-747-9100 and permanently delete the original and any copies of this
e-mail.