Hey Tracy - thanks for your feedback as well.

OK - here's the outcome...

FYI - this is all related to a posting I did here about a month - regarding a
screen that needed to update data, was implemented via a Grid - but, needed to
update data that was in MS SQL. Some of you will probably remember that thread
- especially since it got a bit Heated at the time.

Long & short of it...

The users told me that Only ONE Person would be doing the Update to this
particular table - which is a Set of Rules based upon Country. As such, I went
for a bit of a brute-force method. Especially since I wanted to make the
changes to this particular screen as EASY to do as possible. Understand - there
is a lot of pressure on me here to Perform (especially since I am a consultant)
- and a Huge list of tasks was pushed to me that were originally assigned to
another Developer - since she is now working on the full conversion of the
system from VFP/SQL to be VB/.Net/SQL. So - they wanted her fully freed up -
and thus I had to take over the support of this system.

That's why I must work quickly on things - and do things the easiest way
possible.

So - for this Screen - since it was already designed to work w/a VFP DBF file -
I did minimal changes so that it would STILL work with a DBF file. I simply
pulled in the data from SQL upon going into the screen. Then, when they hit
Save - I run a Method that now pushes the changes over to SQL.

What I did was still let the one Method run - which commits the changes to the
VFP Table - and THEN I call the Method to do the SQL Updates. So - in theory -
all changes were committed to the VFP DBF before I committed them to SQL. Yet
VFP was reporting the Uncommitted changes error. So - for the Heck of it - I
swapped around the order of implementing those changes - 1st pushing the
changes to SQL - and THEN run the Method that commits the changes to the DBF.
And - sure enough - that worked. But - WHY? Well - I forgot about that when a
Record is Added - that a Date reformatting is done - so proper Date type data
gets pushed to SQL. As such, yeah - those Date changes were the Uncommitted
changes.

Anyway - all is well that ends well...

:-)
-K-