On 2015-12-10 16:16, Fred Taylor wrote:
No crashes:

ON ERROR *

;)

True story, Fred: I was contacted to take a look at this water/sewer billing software written in Foxpro that would often hang/freeze but they didn't know why. I open it up and there it is: ON ERROR *

I kid you not. The app was a horrible mess in its construction too, the kind where you reach for the Excedrin fast. I explained that it was easier for me to rewrite the software than try to fix all the problems (there were other problems reported as well). Rebuilt it in about 6 months as I recall with VFP9 and a MySQL backend. Rock solid. Never heard from the client again after first year support renewal. Problem is that I built it too good so they had no need for a support contract they felt (and I couldn't argue!). Now if only I had put bugs in it. lol Often thought about trying to resell that to other water/sewer authorities for their billing but never had the time/$ to properly market it. I imagine many of us have a similar story.

--Mike