Hi guys. Haven't done much in a while but I need your genius advice now.
This quadriplegic is controlling my heating, airconditioning and living room
with a foxpro database. I send messages via com port to an old (obsolete but
still working) stargate system to run my x10 light and fan switches. I have
another usb to com port sending commands to a pc to ir linc to send all my
remote signals. This system includes 600 cd's and 600 dvd's all cataloged on
line. It lets me call up fancy jukebox views (about 10,000 songs) and or
pick and play any of 600 movies with 1-key touch. Eventually I want to
stream movies (.iso) and more music (mp3's stored on a Drobo 5n, but for
now...

I just got alexa (amazon's echo) and I want to build voice control over
everything. Could go insteon, Logitech or some other pretty pricey
alternatives... but does anybody think I could build up an app with IFTT and
get foxpro to catch the requests via cloud?

Gary Jeurink