There's roughly one zillion choices of CMSes, but creating a
structured site *MIGHT* not be what the Original Poster (whose been
surprisingly quiet) asked for. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before
http://cmsmatrix.org/ which can help you find and compare a lot of
features.

The original RFC stated, "The site wil mostly media -- pages with sets
of photos, embedded YouTube videos, or both. The pages will have very
little written content. Most or all of the images will also be posted
to Instagram, Facebook, maybe Twitter, etc."

And leaves so much to be asked. "Why do you want your own site when
you're going to repost it all over the internet?" "Why not just put it
on Tumblr, instagram, facebook, and link from there?" "What's the key
reason for having your own site: will you be modifying posts,
restricting access, gathering comments, etc.?" You could post your
stuff to your dropbox, your Google Drive, Flickr, your (some
equivalent me-too Microsoft product) or a hundred other services out
there. I'd suggest running your own server is less appropriate now
than it was even a few years ago, and that there is a wide spectrum of
options from installing-everything-on-bare-metal to
leaving-the-driving-to-them, and it really depends on what folks need,
how much control they need/want, and what they are willing to give up
for convenience.

Many "photo album" packages will allow you to select a set of pictures
and generate an HTML page or set of pages. Here's an ancient set done
with LView Pro a decade and a half ago:
http://www.tedroche.com/homepage/~tedroche/Photos/NolaPix/Index.htm

You could write your own hand-coded html:
http://www.tedroche.com/homepage/~tedroche/Photos/dogz.htm (note the
cool image map that links each dog to their story and changes the
caption.

You could just stuff them into a web host directory and link to them
directly: http://www.tedroche.com/homepage/~tedroche/Photos/FoxGangNola.gif

Or you could just tell the web server to allow an index of the folder
to be browsed: http://www.tedroche.com/homepage/~tedroche/Photos/

(and a key point with these admittedly crude and old-looking pages:
they are still running. How many 3rd party sharing apps have been
around since 2000?)

An awful lot depends on what Ken's folks want to do, what amount of
technical tweaking they're interested in doing, what they want the
final product to look like, and how much effort they're willing to put
in to it.