On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Ted Roche <tedro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I explain to my clients, the most important part of the engagement
> is explaining to them why they don't want to pay for custom software
> development.

My patter: "Oh, you don't want to do this unless you don't have any
alternative. Custom software development is a difficult, expensive,
sometimes pinful process with little guarantee of results. If you want to
go ahead with this, it is like we are getting married, but our
communication and mutual understanding have to be *much* better than most
marriages I know."

Part of the reason I retired. I loved doing it, and had great clients, but
so many prospects expected a site with eBay/Facebook/Amazon quality for
$50. (OK, I exaggerate a bit, but I don't have to preach to the choir.)

Back to the matter at hand, we are just looking for a "Central" space for
the content we are generating. Maybe with some click-through ad revenue.
Perhaps a site where we just embed Instagram/Facebook/whatever content and
let it go at that....

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---