From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of Kurt Wendt
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 2:18 PM
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: M$ OCX Date Picker Problem!

Hello there ProFoxers!

1st of all - Happy TGIF!

I'm trying to find out who else may have this particular problem.
Here's the URL to an image of the Date Picker being used within a system here
at my job:
                http://imgur.com/a/ZlGZu

Initially - the problem with the Date Picker caused the system to Crash. Why
you might ask? Because the system was trying to set a default date for the Date
picker. This was the specific error that was being thrown:
                "Ole IDispatch exception code 0 from DTPicker: A date was
specified that does not fall within the MinDate and MaxDate properties..."

At first I wasn't sure what was causing the problem. Turns out - I went to
another screen that had the Date Picker running on it - which is the above
screen. When I went into that screen - the dates were set to 9/1 - 9/30/16.
This is because this report is generally run on the 1st of the month for the
prior month. So - upon trying to set the dates to Oct month range - then the
problem is apparent. Notice the grey circle around the 25th of the month -
although you probably can't see it in this screen shot. But, the picker no
longer allows you to pick ANY Date Beyond the 25th of October!  And, trying to
set the default date to end of Oct. during the startup of another report screen
- That is what caused it to Crash.

Needless to say - this is an OCX from M$ - and its fairly standard. So - I
figured others may be using it in their systems - which are May NOT be FoxPro
systems. If so - you will ALSO have the problem.

So - I'm curious - has anyone else here experienced the problem?

Thanks!
Kurt Wendt
Senior Systems Analyst
[GlobeTax_SecondaryLogo_TwoColor_Lo]<https://www.globetax.com/>
One New York Plaza - 34th Floor
New York, NY 10004-1936, USA
Tel. +1-212-747-9100
Direct +1-212-405-8246
www.GlobeTax.com<https://www.globetax.com/>

GlobeTax does not provide or offer, and this is not, tax, investment or legal
advice. This email and any attachments hereto is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please immediately notify the sender at
+1-212-747-9100 and permanently delete the original and any copies of this
email.

--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts --- multipart/related
  multipart/alternative
    text/html
  image/png
---