From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Stephen the Cook
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:47 PM
To: 'ProFox Email List'
Subject: RE: [NF]: Microsoft's Security Problems Multiply

> This is *EXACTLY* why I don't like the idea of dumping desktop apps
> for Web applications when a desktop app would more than suffice.
> (And no, _Stephen, I'm not talking about sites like Amazon or UPS or
> FedEx.  <g>)

I have to deal with installing an app to 500+ locations around the globe if
this prototype is accepted.  How would you deploy an app that far with
desktop lockdowns?  Or would you go for a browser based system where you
have rights on the server?

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided
missiles and misguided men." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/