Hi Alan,

I wish you could be a little more specific so that we can learn from your facts
and figures.

What I can say for sure, as it's real life, current experience, that a
biological analysis company, client of FoxInCloud, manages ALL its operations,
end to end from order entry to accounting, including capturing measures from
its bio analysis devices, through a web app running on a remote server (only
desktops and internet connection in the premises); 100k patients, 250k 'orders'
(MD ordonnances), 2M 'order lines' (unit examination), 70 forms, 50 reports,
300 users

Why? To get rid of the installation / maintenance / versioning hassles, and set
up news labs quicker (developing country).

Grids and data are the only limiting factor we've seen so far, that requires
some workaround:
- more than 3 grids on the same form: move to subforms
- more than 1000 lines in a grid: use the grid pager supplied with FoxInCloud.
- light views that take more than .2 sec. to requery: use a cursor instead; if
view is updateable, use getfldstate and update back end yourself

Especially when updateable, grids almost count for as many controls as the
number of cells in it: takes some server time to manage the state.

Thierry Nivelet
http://foxincloud.com/
Give your VFP app a second life in the cloud