On Aug 19, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Paul H. Tarver <p...@tpcqpc.com> wrote:

> I guess that was part of the question. The installation for Python 3.x sets
> up paths and other stuff that I thought would be exclusive to one version or
> the other. But I guess you are saying they coexist happily, correct?

Python has virtualenv, which is a sort of sandbox which prevents different
versions of software from colliding with each other. You can create a
virtualenv, and when it is activated, it makes it so that only the version of
Python and any installed libraries are available. Switch to a different
virtualenv, and its like you moved to a different machine with different
versions and installed stuff. Tip: install virtualenvwrapper to make working
with virtualenvs a breeze.

-- Ed Leafe

multipart/signed
  application/pgp-signature