Virgil, stop smoking whatever you are smoking and start reading more... <g>

>From http://www.iags.org/futureofoil.html :

" From now to 2020, world oil consumption will rise by about 60%.
Transportation will be the fastest growing oil-consuming sector. By 2025,
the number of cars will increase to well over 1.25 billion from
approximately 700 million today. Global consumption of gasoline could
double.

The two countries with the highest rate of growth in oil use are China and
India, whose combined populations account for a third of humanity. In the
next two decades, China's oil consumption is expected to grow at a rate of
7.5% per year and India's 5.5%. (Compare to a 1% growth for the
industrialized countries). It will be strategically imperative for these
countries to secure their access to oil.

" (...) Of the trillion barrels currently estimated, 6% are in North
America, 9% in Central and Latin America, 2% in Europe, 4% in Asia Pacific,
7% in Africa, 6% in the Former Soviet Union. Today, 66% of global oil
reserves are in the hands of Middle Eastern regimes: Saudi
Arabia<http://www.iags.org/saudi.html>(25%),
Iraq <http://www.iags.org/iraq.html> (11%),
Iran<http://www.iags.org/iran.html>(8%),
UAE <http://www.iags.org/uae.html> (9%),
Kuwait<http://www.iags.org/kuwait.html>(9%), and
Libya <http://www.iags.org/libya.html> (2%).  (...)

" (...) Projecting 2001 production levels, by 2020 83% of global oil
reserves will be controlled by Middle Eastern regimes. (...)"

***
*Additional suggested reading:

*The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives
(Paperback) <http://tinyurl.com/yxk793>  *by Zbigniew
Brzezinski<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Brzezinski>