From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of MB Software Solutions
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:34 AM
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: Fox on.... Linux? Alternatives...

Virgil Bierschwale wrote:
> We impose a tariff on all items that we import to make it equivalent
> to what it costs here.
>
> We're allready doing it, just not yet on labor, and it’s at a point
> where it has to happen or in another 50 years, the economist's will be
> proven wrong and we'll all be broke..
> We have to stand up UNITED and tell our politician's, its this or
> you're out the door and don't let it hit you on the ass.

I suggested something very similar years ago, whereby Corporate America
would have to pay some sort of tariff so that instead of saving 80% on labor
costs, they only got to save maybe 40% on labor costs (still a "win" for
them) and the other 40% would go into a re-training fund for the American
workforce that was displaced by the outsourcing.  That way, it cushioned the
blow to the displaced American worker.  Seemed like a fair idea to me.

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC