At 18:18 2018-09-18, Gene Wirchenko <ge...@telus.net> wrote:
At 14:03 2018-09-18, mbsoftwaresoluti...@mbsoftwaresolutions.com wrote:
VFP9SP2 on Win7/8/10 pcs

I really never fully took advantage of this gem in VFP. In my apps, I haven't allowed editing in grids in probably 14 years. Some of my users seem to want that though so I'm thinking of allowing such ability now. I was thinking of using ON KEY to pop up a lookup form to add data records to the grids (instead of that native whatever way of doing an APPEND blank in the native VFP grid).

In the past, I've really just used ON KEY to pop up the help file on demand.

In what other ways have you used ON KEY in your designs?

     I use
          on key label "ctrl+0" *
so .null. can not be entered into controls.

     I also enjoy the minor joke of
          *
being executable in this control.  Note that it does not mean the same as
          on key label "ctrl+0"

I forgot about my setup code. I use on key label <function key> for deleting my app's .fxp files, compiling my app, and starting my app with various options.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko