> He’s basically updating the “Apple buys NeXT” story from the mid-90s.
Apple was
> much bigger and better known, but was having some financial woes after
some
> management mis-steps. Within a couple of years, nearly every Apple exec
was
> gone, replaced by people from NeXT. The Mac OS was replaced by NeXTSTEP,
> which was re-christened as OS X.

Wasn't one of those people at NeXT Steve Jobs? It's much easier to
transform the culture when you were instrumental in originally establishing
it.

> Hey, I guess it could happen. ;-)

It could, but it seems unlikely that a culture as entrenched as the one at
IBM will suddenly flip, for better or worse. I would imagine that mainframe
salespeople will still be in their blue suits when pushing big iron to
other corporate behemoths.

-Jerry

multipart/alternative
  text/html