At 11:01 2019-05-15, Koen Piller <koen.pil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gene
I would like to see an actual situation where set filter is preferable over
select() according to you.

      I put such a case in the message of mine that you replied to!

Regards
Koen

Op wo 15 mei 2019 om 19:49 schreef Gene Wirchenko <g...@shaw.ca>

> At 02:00 2019-05-15, Koen Piller <koen.pil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >The use of 'Set Filter' in VFP is outdated. Nowadays we use
> >Select....from...Where...into
>
>       Who is "we"?

     Here is the case you are asking for:

>       Your select statement does not do the same thing.  I use set
> filter to check for data having certain properties especially when I
> am likely to change said data.  It is excellent for when I wish to
> diddle some data to force an error condition during program testing.

From there, I can browse the data and change it as needed. Or I could use replace. These commands and others were what I was referring to in this paragraph:

>       Many xBASE commands are very good for use in exploration,
> debugging, testing, and the like.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko