I'd just abandon learning this hybrid and use that time learning a better
replacement.   The code samples are walking on thin ice between how you use
to do it in FOX and how you do it in any client/server environment.

Here is code to fetch a schedule of games for a team in a table that will
show an image for each team as well as the event's data.  In basic
functionality, you get data, tweak it and pass it to be presented.

List<schedule> Schedule = db.schedules.ToList();  //Calls data from a view
on the server
 foreach (schedule game in Schedule)
            {
                game.logolocation = "/icons/" + game.logolocation +
".jpg";  // Create the path for the team logo
            }

Schedule.Sort((x, y) => DateTime.Compare(x.eventDate, y.eventDate));  //
Sort the schedule

return View("Index", Schedule);  // bring it on home