I get this error when executing a COPY TO .... TYPE XL5 line in a program designed over a decade ago: /OLE error code 0x80030003: Unknown COM status code. /

Interesting. I remoted into the guy's computer.  He said it's a fairly new laptop (3 months old?) and it's version is 2102 (Build 13801.20360).  I fired up vRunFox.exe and did a simple xx = CREATEOBJECT("Excel.Application") and it worked fine.  What's strange to me is that the line throwing that Error 1426 is not an Excel automation line, but the COPY TO line.  I believe the problem is the lcFile variable.  When this code was written, Vista was the latest operating system.  You can see how I look at the OS() to select the proper area for My Documents.

                *** mjb 03/03/2010 - changed for Vista and beyond
                IF VAL(SUBSTR(OS(),9,1)) >= 6 THEN && Vista doesn't use My
                        lcDir = SYS(5) + ADDBS(GETENV("HOMEPATH")) +
"Documents\"
                ELSE && XP and below use My
                        lcDir = SYS(5) + ADDBS(GETENV("HOMEPATH")) + "My
Documents\"
                ENDIF
                lcFile = ADDBS(lcDir) + "Inventory_" + DTOC(DATE(),1)
                *** mjb 06/26/2017 - added nbrdft, ntotbf
                IF this.lShowZeroQty THEN
                        COPY TO (lcFile) FIELDS ccompany, cpalletsize,
cdescription, nqtyonhand, nprice, ntotvalue, nbrdft, ntotbf FOR
this.CustomerSelected(icustid) TYPE XL5
                ELSE
                        COPY TO (lcFile) FIELDS ccompany, cpalletsize,
cdescription, nqtyonhand, nprice, ntotvalue, nbrdft, ntotbf FOR
this.CustomerSelected(icustid) AND nQtyOnHand > 0 TYPE XL5
                ENDIF

So in short, I think the fact that it's Error 1426 is misleading...I doubt it's an Excel problem at all but in fact a problem with that lcFile actual path derived.

I think somebody recently mentioned a Doug Hennig bit of code to look at the user's ACTUAL path to his documents area, iirc?  I'll dig for that later after an appt but wanted to throw this out there in the meanwhile in case others have the "I had that happen to me and this is how I fixed it!" kind of memory recall.  ;-)

tia,
--Mike

multipart/alternative
 text/html