> Even when the issues that occurred in 2018 Windows 10 1809 (IIRC)  aren't a
> problem any more (in my experience at least) ?

My experience differs from yours. We have more issues with SMB every year
unless oplock and caching is disabled. And even then we sometimes run into
corruption issues that look like SMB problems.

UseWriteThrough doesn't solve this issue, because corruption happens due to
client side caching caused by oplocks.

--
Christof