On Jan 5, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Alan Lukachko wrote:

> IAC, the sound on the second one was on a lower level than the first -
> probably due to the recording software. Was that your 'radio' voice?

        The sound is recorded separately in high-quality, and then mixed-
down to lower-quality mp3, where it is then combined with the swf
recording. Guess I mixed the second one down too much.  ;-)

> Again the simple elegant screens are a tribute to your (or maybe
> Paul's)
> sense of design. The link between the parent and child was very
> simple -
> again as you said on the first one; if you know what to do, it's
> simple.

        Thanks. The Class Designer is my work, but the code in the framework
is truly a joint effort. We are fortunate to both share an
appreciation for good, clean, consistent code. We sometimes differ on
exactly what that means, but after we slug it out we usually come up
with something that works well.

> I noticed that the Dabo Class Designer title is on the form. Can
> this be
> changed?

        Sure - it's just the Caption property of the form. Check out the
beginning of the Sizers II screencast (http://leafe.com/screencasts/
sizers2.html) - it's the first thing I do in that one.

> I'd like to test out a few items on Dabo but probably won't have
> time until
> later in the month.
>
> All in all both presentations were very informative.

        Thanks. I think the next one (custom classes) will be pretty meaty,
too.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com