> Bill,
> Just found a copy of the demo program which I didn't think I
> had at work - but of course its on my website, so I ran it up.
>
> I can't see the problems you are having though even when
> Firefox is open at the same time as running the demo and IE7
> is set as the default browser. It also works fine with IE7 as
> the default browser so you have something pretty basic wrong
> somewhere.

> Question:
> 1. What exactly does the app do if different to the demo?

I didn't make too many changes, just rearranged the form a bit. See
http://www.wjarnold.com/downloads/map_test_1.gif

I did add parms to pass it one or two addresses (to map a location or a
route).

The problem that occurred was that he started getting "ACCESS DENIED"
messages last week, when attempting to pull up a map. I don't have a
saved copy the message, but it seemed to be pointing
to the HTML file with the javascript. I couldn't reproduce the problem
here, but I did see it on his screen when using VNC to look at the
problem.

> 3. Have you modified the Javascript in the HTML Page at all?

No

> 4. You might try running CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) from
> www.CCLeaner.com which removes all temporary file crap out of
> your system first. Just be sure to deselect the "delete
> Cookies" or you'll remove all your Webpage login details etc.
> This will ensure you aren't picking up any cached info.

I'll send this info off to him now. Thanks.

> I remember that I did have a few timing problems in the code,
> hence the "Setup Virtual Earth" button on the top of the demo
> screen but as I said,

Yeah, I ran into that too. I tried to get around the need for operator
action because I wanted to run the process in a batch mode, but couldn't
get it to work due to the timing problem.

> I'll give it a look later tonight and report back tomorrow.

Thanks, Dave