=>
=> > Poppycock, Ed!  M$ makes a product.  You want to use it
=> and you buy it
=> > SUBJECT TO THE TERMS of the license agreement.  You don't like the
=> > agreement?  Don't buy the product or negotiate a different
=> agreement.
=>
=>      Sorry, but copyright law doesn't work that way. IANAL,
=> nor am I married to one, so I'll let someone who is explain it:
=>
=> http://interactionlaw.com/id12.html
=>
=> -- Ed Leafe

Fine, Ed.  Copyright law does not work that way but I am not referring to
copyright law.  I am referring to licensing.  You can "copyright" your
relationship with a person by marriage, but your marital relationship is not
going to work out if you and your partner cannot come to terms on how you are
going to live together.

The way the article is written (that is, the tone), we are arguing about a moot
point because if M$ ever deigns to attempt to enforce the EULA, they will, ipso
facto, lose the copyright, which is 1000% against what they got the copyright
for in the first place.  So, let's all go out and violate every provision of
the EULA.  Let's FORCE M$ to engage in this folly.  After a few years, the
battle will be won and all M$ products will be in the PUBLIC DOMAIN!

Clearly, there is nothing in  the EULA or the DMCA that is subject to
interpretation.  500 years of jurisprudence has left no stone unturned and
therefore we know that all contracts are clear and unambiguous and all
important legal decisions have been made already.  So let's stop arguing about
this and party!

And here's my slogan, at no additional charge:

You may be able to burn the Yule log only at Christmastime, but you can burn
the EULA any day you choose (... and without infringing on the copyright.)

B+
HALinNY