At 10:38 PM 1/23/2007 -0500, Ed Leafe wrote:
>On Jan 23, 2007, at 10:09 PM, Stephen the Cook wrote:
>
> >>      And thus you are perfectly content to love and worship a being who
> >> would take someone like me and torture them for all eternity? Wow, if
> >> that's what your view of Christianity involves, I'm sure glad I'm not
> >> a part of it.
> >
> > I think it's just the opposite Ed.  We are supposed to love all,  and
> if you
> > agree with us then great.  If not, you are still in God's hands
> and  that is
> > good enough for me.
>
>         That's fine, but it sure isn't what Charlie is stating. According
>him, you can love all, but if you accept his personal view of things,
>you will burn in Hell. Exactly the opposite of what you state.

Whoa! Have I been that obtuse? I thought we were talking about our beliefs
here so everything is 'opinion'. Didn't I say that I have faith in God to
do what is right and just? Didn't I say I can't judge for sure or not
someone else's salvation?

What I've been trying to do is put forth what I believe is the path to
salvation. According to my beliefs there is only one way, through Jesus
Christ. Maybe I'm wrong. I firmly believe exactly what Steve said in that,
in the end, individuals are in God's hands. I don't think that means God
will automatically 'save' everyone in the world. I think it means He'll
deal with each person on an individual basis. How that person responds to
Him determines their future. But, again, maybe I'm wrong.

-Charlie