On Jan 24, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Charlie Coleman wrote:

> At that time I
> think I said doing good deeds is meaningless in terms of salvation,
> but
> that doing good deeds is still a commendable thing. Whether or not
> there is
> a God we should all try to do good deeds when we can.

        Well, uh... that's what makes them "good", right?

        To me it seems that you are waffling on the use of the term
'salvation'. I've always understood that the product of salvation was
entrance into Heaven, and that those who are not saved are destined
for an eternity of suffering. Is that correct? Or can you get into
Heaven without being saved?

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com