Vince Teachout wrote:
> I must not be understanding the problem.  This works fine for me in vfp7:
> SELECT stylename,  sum(units) as sumall FROM gmoodet GROUP BY stylename
> ORDER BY sumall

I'm learning here. ;-)  That's close, that gives me a one record for
each rider with a "sumall" field showing the total. I need all the
records in the table to show in the report sorted by the order that the
above came up with. i.e., sorted by the Names, but in the order of the
Totals. I hope I'm making sense! Actually the example below should be
descending instead of ascending, but that's an easy part.

Main Heading
      Name1
                 01/01/07                           50
                 01/01/07                           25